Peggy is a place for everyone to enjoy art. We’re committed to fostering a healthy community where each member feels safe and respected. In a commitment to transparency and in the spirit of creating a healthy community, these guidelines outline activity that may lead to interventions such as the removal, limiting, or blocking of accounts. The decision to take such an intervention is not taken lightly and considered on a case-by-case basis.
Respect members of the community.
Community is at the core of Peggy. It’s not the place for hateful activity:
- Do create a community that is inclusive.
- Do not spam, harass, or send unwanted messages to other users.
- Do not discriminate against other members on the basis of race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Do inform us of any of the above by emailing us at email@example.com.
- We do commit to action on the above in the broader Peggy community by enacting interventions, as needed.
- We do commit to create an internal Peggy team that does not tolerate harassment or violence, and which is committed to diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and anti-discrimination.
We use applicable laws as a helpful framework for what is not allowed on Peggy. For example:
- We do commit to enforcing these.
- Do not use the app for the financing of any illicit activity.
- Do not promote or participate in illegal activities—including activities that incite hate or violence against others.
- Do inform us if another member of the community is not adhering to the above.
Be who you say you are.
It’s important that members know that they’re dealing with real people:
- Do be your authentic self on Peggy.
- Do not use or attempt to use another user’s account without authorization from such user.
- Do not create accounts with false identities for any purpose, such as misleading the community.
- Do not post private contact details of any artist, collector, gallerist, or member.
- Do not upload artworks that don’t belong to you or you don’t have permission to upload.
Engage in art buying and selling with honesty.
Collectors, galleries, and artists agree to sell and buy art with integrity and honesty on Peggy. Peggy is not the place for dishonest activity:
- Do act with integrity and honesty.
- We do commit to acting with the utmost integrity and honesty within the internal Peggy team.
- Do not engage in price manipulation, market manipulation, fraud, or other types of manipulative activity.
- Do not engage in transactions where a favour or advantage is promised or expected in return.
- Do not use automated means to access services or extract data.
- Do not pay artists late, pay artists partially, or underpay artists. Peggy ensures artists get paid.
Express yourself with confidence.
We operate in the art world and encourage our artists to express themselves with confidence:
- Do express yourself. Do be open minded: Sometimes art is made of ideas and images that can be divisive or challenging to digest to some or many. An example of this could be an artwork portraying a naked body or body part. Another example of this could be an artwork portraying images of racism, which raise awareness.
- Do operate with well intentioned intent.
- Do not operate with malicious intent.
- We do welcome all artworks to live in Peggy. In contrast, certain worlds outside Peggy (such as other social media platforms, advertising platforms, or other surfaces) sometimes pose constraints upon what visuals and messages (including artworks) are allowed within their systems.
- We do commit to surfacing all artworks within Peggy.
- We do our best to surface artworks outside Peggy. However, to work within those constraints we may need to advertise non-divisive artworks in hopes that this will grow the Peggy community as a whole, for the benefit of all.
- We do commit to advocating for artwork freedom with the world outside Peggy, including the social media platform, advertising platforms and other platforms we interact with.